Tuesday 18 October 2011

We are toppa the league

Since my last blog, (sorry I’ve been a busy man  ), we have got ourselves a tidy draw away at Palace, and a thumping win at home against B’Pool, what a lovely day out that was! First time I have said that about a home game in a long time, but it really was a faultless performance in my opinion. We even defended well when they put us under a lot of pressure towards the end, and that really is an achievement - for us!! It was nice to see Sammy B get his first couple of goals, and hopefully that’s the beginning of many. I have seen a lot of people saying that he won’t stop scoring now, so let’s hope that they are correct and he really does start banging them in for fun! He looks a decent buy already, and he’s only young too, so could prove to be a good prospect for the future.

I am off to Southampton tonight, and I hope to see the same line up as Saturday, except Tomkins and Taylor of course, who are both injury doubts. I am praying that Sam doesn’t revert to 4-5-1, however if he does, I am hoping with all I can that he plays Carew as the lone striker and not Cant Control. Seeing a big man upfront that can control the ball well, bring it down, look for the pass, hit the ball accurately with power AND score headers really is a breath of fresh air, and I don’t know what else Carew can really do to prove that he deserves his place in the starting 11!

I would also like to mention Kev Nolan, whom I thought had a very decent game last weekend. He looked a much better performer than he has been this season and lets hope that he carries this on to tonight’s match at St Mary’s.

I really hope we get a result tonight, it would be lovely to see a 1. next to our beloved clubs name wouldn’t it? And I also want to sing the ‘we are top of the league’ song tonight! Prediction: Soton 2-3 W Ham, and I hope Baldock gets one.

Moore Than Just a Podcast Episode 8 was recorded last night and is now online at www.moorethanjustapodcast.podbean.com, on iTunes and on our Facebook Page.

3 points tonight please, COYFI

No comments:

Post a Comment