Friday 30 September 2011

Thats a very decent signing!!!

I have felt really down all week when it comes to football, which is why I haven’t blogged in a while! Was planning on a blog for the Ipswich game, but the loss in the closing minutes was a killer for me and I have felt down and out about it all week!

Anyway, I was cheered up today with the news that we may have made a loan bid for Carlos Tevez. I don’t think refusing to play for your own club is a good thing, and I don’t think he should have acted that way, but if it means that this could mean in any way that he could once again become a WHU player, then keep on doing it Carlos! His 6 months of consistent play with us was some of the most exciting I have ever seen, and we all remember that goal at Old Trafford, and his apology to us when he scored against us for Man City, and when he made the hammers arm sign on his return to UP with United, and that’s why I love Carlos Tevez. Carlos, por favor vuelve al West Ham!

The thing that reminded me to write this blog is the ‘emergency loan’ signing of Manuel Almunia. What a signing that is! I wouldn’t choose him over Greeno, but realistically he is the best replacement we could have asked for? An experienced, half decently proven Premiership goalkeeper, for whom im keeping my fingers crossed that he can do the business so quickly with him going straight into the starting line up tomorrow. He also has a very simple song which I think we can all pick up nicely if he makes a few good stops.

After these two bits of exciting news, I am definitely happier in footballing terms than I was last night, so now I am looking forward to the game tomorrow. Hopefully the sunshine can help make the game a better one, and would like to see some goals banged in by our lot again! Back to scoring ways please west ham. I think that we will win tomorrow, and I hope by a nice margin, and that they all play well as a team.

Prediction 3-0 – Scorers: Lansbury, Cole and Tomkins (not necessarily in that order)

Also want to rant about Adrian Durham. I know his job is to wind us up as fans so we pay ridiculous money to moan at him on his radio show, but do any of you readers follow him on Twitter?? He is a first class idiot and anything we do he makes such an issue out of, this is his latest tweet following the news of Almunia:

talkSPORTDrive
Almunia: 3 issues: 1) proves whu panicking and in deep troub if they don't go up; 2) why have a squad?; 3) are whu paying his £50k a week?

Whats his obsession with us?!? Winds me right up – but no!!! I will not ring your poxy radio show.

Rant over… thanks for reading. Check out Moore Than Just a Podcast on the player over on the right there ----->

Remember Send in your Ultimate West Ham 11’s to moorethanjustapodcast@live.co.uk or on our Facebook page, and hear your team read out on next weeks podcast! COYI

No comments:

Post a Comment